A promo banner is a graphic element that you can add to your email signature to promote your brand, product, service, event, or offer. Banners can help you attract attention, increase engagement, and drive traffic to your website or landing page.
How to create a banner
You can create a banner using any graphic design software or online tool that allows you to save your image as a PNG, JPEG, or GIF file. The recommended size for a banner is 335 pixels wide by 100 pixels high. You can also use an animated GIF for your banner, but make sure that the file size is not too large (preferably under 1 MB).
Some tips for creating an effective banner are:
- Use clear and concise text that communicates your message and call to action
- Use contrasting colors and fonts that match your brand identity and email signature style
- Use high-quality images and graphics that are relevant and eye-catching
- Avoid cluttering your banner with too much information or elements
- Test your banner on different devices and email clients to ensure that it displays correctly
Accepted file types are .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif
335 pixels wide by 100 pixels high
How to add a banner to your email signature
Once you have created your banner, you can add it to your email signature using Mirosign. Here are the steps to follow:
- Return to the Mirosign email signature design page – here
- Click on the Images tab
- In the Banner upload section click Choose File button
- Select your new promo banner from your computer
- Adjust the alignment and padding of your banner as needed
- Click on the Save button to save your changes
- Copy and paste your email signature with the banner into your email client
The promo banner pixel size is set so that it appears at a decent size on mobile and desktop and so any file uploaded has to be 335 pixels wide by 100 pixels high and under 1 MB in size.
If you need some help with creating a banner graphic, you can use some software or online tools that are designed for graphic design. Here are some of the options that we recommend:
- Adobe Photoshop: This is one of the best and most popular software for graphic design. You can use it to create and edit images, graphics, and text with a lot of features and options. You can download our Adobe Photoshop .PSD template [here] to get started.
- Canva: This is an online tool that allows you to create and design graphics easily and quickly. You can choose from a variety of templates, fonts, colors, and images, or upload your own. You can also use Canva to create animated GIFs for your banner graphic. You can access Canva [here].
- Fotor: This is another online tool that you can use to create and edit graphics. You can use Fotor to crop, resize, rotate, adjust, filter, and add text to your images. You can also use Fotor to make collages or banners with different layouts and styles. You can access Fotor [here].
- GIMP: This is a free and open-source raster graphics editor that you can use for various image manipulation and editing tasks. It is available for GNU/Linux, macOS, Windows and more operating systems1. You can download it from the official website
- Pixlr: This is a cloud-based set of image editing tools and utilities, including a number of photo editors and a photo sharing service3. You can use Pixlr to create and edit images, graphics, and text with a range of simple to advanced photo editing features. You can access Pixlr [here].
Changing the promo banner image
You can login and change the promo banner image at any time. Remember the size has to be 335 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.
Remember to use the same file type as originally uploaded, one of these .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif.
If you are paying for the Mirosign team generator and the same file type is uploaded then all staff’s email signatures will automatically update without having to reinstall.
Unfortunately if you change the link changes then staff will have to reinstall their email signatures to make sure the promo banner goes to the new link.
The benefits of using the banner
Using the email signature promo banner can help with your business marketing see this article here